}); How to back up & restore IMEI using MTK Droid tools ~ Micromax Unite2 development

for the Unite-ns

manojthoomannil@gmail.com

amazon

amazon1

amazon 2

Search This Blog

Translate

How to back up & restore IMEI using MTK Droid tools


Hi All,


If you are a frequent rom changer/porter, there is a good chance that you might lose your phone's IMEI sometime.  However, there are so many options to restore it.  It is always advised to take NVRAM backup before flashing new roms. 


NVRAM back up :

 NVRAM back up can be taken by entering your phone's custom recovery.  If anything goes wrong after flashing rom, you can simply restore the same.

Tools for fixing IMEI


Most people use 3G Meta tool for permanently fixing IMEI.  



However, I feel back of IMEI through MTK droid tools is the best.  I had to face IMEI loss issue several times  when testing some roms !  but once when I tried to restore IMEI through the MTK tool, the restore option was not active in the tool so could not restore it.


Later I found a solution to restore the IMEI without any issue.  I will share it for you.


If you face such an issue, first download one file named adbd insecure (link is at the bottom).


Make sure that your phone is rooted then only this app will work.  I have successfully tested it on both KK and LP roms.


Install the adbd insecure apk in your phone. Then tick 'enable adbd insecure'. 






 Now open MTK droid tools app in your PC and connect phone through USB.  Phone must be ON. A pop-up message will come on phone screen seeking permission. Just click 'allow'.   




When phone is detected by the MTK tool, details will be displayed on the tool.   




Now click on IMEI box in the tool.  You can then see two options there; Back up and Restore. 



 You can take back-up or if already a back up is stored in the PC, you can restore it.   When you restore IMEI through MTK droid tool, you will not face 'nvram warning' error when WIFI is switched on.

adbd insecure apk link :   adbd insecure apk










4 comments:

  1. Sir help me! I my phone is not detecting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir help me! I my phone is not detecting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amarjit, please check all the drivers are installed correctly in your pc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enable USB debugging in developer option. For enabling developer option, click on build number 7 times.

    ReplyDelete